Saturday, November 7, 2009

I'M ON A NEW DESIGN TEAM


This is my first chance to play with Gina's images and boy I have had some fun with Studious Duck. I dug into my new block of 12X12 Martha Stewart little boy papers. Isn't it just so sweet?! The light blue card stock is from Gemstones and has a great sheen. I had some great fun decking out the this card! I used buttons and bows and even a flower! Its a little boy card through and through! I sewed my layers and used paper piecing to pop the Studious Duck out of the frame.
The details that are hard to see in the photograph are that the little duckies below the frame have Diamond glaze on them and I used my Sakura Jelly Roll Pen on the book and Studious Duck's beak.
The inside of the card is finished with the same ribbon and dp as the front of the card. I used a sentiment from All Night Media. I used my Martha Stewart heart punch to jazz it up a bit and finished the line between the two papers.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my first card as a CYSD DT member! Thanks for stopping by!! Hugz,
Sunshine ; ^)

7 comments:

  1. WOO HOO CONGRATS!! Such an awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely darling! Don't you just love MS card stock for boys? I have the girls one also. Gorgeous card! Love the duck! Your sewing and all the embellishments are fabulous! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. Such detail and thought in it.

    Thanks for being on the DT for CYSD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely!! Those soft colours are beautiful and I love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on your new DT position - you've certainly wow'd with your first card - super cute!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are lovely. Your designs and colors are wonderful. Congratulations on getting the DT position.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete