Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday is Finally Here...

Well it's been a tumultuous week to say the least. I got laid off and got depressed and lost lots of sleep and now its the weekend...hubby is taking next week off so we can paint our master bedroom...can I even begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to this little barrel of fun??!!

Don't get me wrong, it totally needs to be painted. The previous owners of this house had very little taste in design and unfortunately our bedroom is a disaster. We go in there to sleep and not to spend time enjoying the ambiance that's for sure! We have light butterscotch on the upper walls and ceiling, a horrid butterscotch textured sponge painted "baby poop" goo on the lower walls and all of that has been nicely sliced in two by wall paper border of the Navajo variety...and hey lets do the en suite the same way just to be fastidious about the whole dang design nightmare!! Oh yeah! It's gotto go!
THE LOVELY BEDROOM (BEFORE)


THE DEVINE EN-SUITE (BEFORE)


Now those of you who know me, know this...I don't like to venture into painting a room until I have all of my ducks in a row..colours, fabrics, linen's, furniture, light fixtures...when I change a room, I change a room! It's a total make over! Am I ready for this make over? No way! I just got laid off! How am I going to afford all the "stuff" that's required for a total room makeover/?!!

We picked out paint colours last night at Home Depot...personal reminder...buy stock in that dang store!!!! and picked out a chair rail molding for the room. So far so good. We already have a kick ass chandelier for the bedroom - we picked it up on sale a couple of years ago for just this purpose and we have a ceiling medallion also picked up a couple of years ago...now...do I want to paint the ceiling or go with a white ceiling...again those of you who have known me for a while know that I am not a fan of pop corn ceilings or white ceilings...a ceiling is a 5th wall and deserves colour...just what colour am I going to use here I wonder.

I know what's wrong. The lay-off has thrown my mojo in a barrel and attached a lid lined with lead!! I am hooped! To make matters worse I can't get my brain to slow down for two seconds to get some sleep. So I sat up all night and applied for job after job online. Fingers crossed someone wants to hire me.

Well, I will keep you posted on the bedroom progress and I will hunt up a pic of the room before we moved in to show you...horrid I tell you...absolutely horrid. Thanks for stopping by and reading my rants everyone.

This too shall pass...right???? RIGHT??? Hey!! I'm asking you a QUESTION here??!!!

Hugz

Sunshine :~D

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain on dumping money on that store. I think we must own half of Lowes by now after all the money we spent there this month. Kitchen upgrades are expensive!

    Can't wait to see the room all painted up! (That wallpaper IS hideous!)

    ReplyDelete