Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BIRTHDAY NUTS-INKSTAC2

My dear friend Inky, who is my TAC Connection, has started a terrific challenge for those of us who have a stash of TAC (THE ANGEL COMPANY) stamps. This is her second challenge week - I missed the first one, DANG IT!! So here is my entry for the second challenge...there is still tons of time for you to enter the challenge. Hop on over to Inky's Delight and play along.

OK - How absolutely adorable is this little guy! This is one of my latest stamp sets from TAC - It's called So Squirrely and is just the cutest set. I just love this little guys attitude...truth be known...he kinda reminds me of my DH! LOL!! I had some fun with the background too using my flying leaves stamps also from TAC...not sure the sets they belong to as I got them in a TAC Stamp Bag...they offer them once in a while and let me tell you its a terrific way to build your TAC Collection and get an awesome selection of TAC Stamps!! I used my Memento Dew Drops to swirl up the background in Autumn colours. I think the flying leaves add just the right touch to the background, what do you think?


Here are a couple of angle shots to focus on the layers and details on the card. I am very pleased with the details. I paper pieced the acorns in the corners and popped them up on foam and the buttons in the corner are following the sketch Inky has challenged us with this week. I added a little bling to the buttons though to pick up the green in the dp.

The inside of the card is finished with the two pieces of dp I had left from the front of the card! Yup...you read that right...I used 6X6 sheets and the remaining dp just finished the inside perfectly! The sentiment inside is a foam stamp that I used my Memento Dew Drops to ink the stamp randomly to give the Autumn feel to the sentiment. Not original, I know but quite effective.

I used another stamp from the So Squirrley stamp set on the inside too. I left this one uncoloured because I like the effect. Well, that's it for now all. I hope you like this one...I have another card featuring the ©Ocean Dwellers ready to post tomorrow and then onto other challenges and cards.

Thanks for stopping by!


Sunshine:)

3 comments:

  1. hehehe! Turned out great! So cute! Thanks for playing in my challenge Sunshine! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...kinda reminds me of my DH..."??? .... hmmmm....really....hmmmm.....

    Oh well, XO anyways babe
    DH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card!!! I have this set, and I'm ashamed that it's not even been inked up yet!!! Okay, I'm headed over the check out the new challenge! Thanks for the heads up and for sharing your delightful card!

    ReplyDelete