Friday, September 18, 2009

LEAVES WHISPER SO LONG...ESSBONUS

LEAVES WHISPER SO LONG...ESSBONUS


Today, even though the weather remains stunningly gorgeous here in Winnipeg, I had that feeling that Fall was in the air. Because of that I decided I would make a card without a stamped image that portrayed fall in all it`s splendor! I used the bonus sketch from EAT....SLEEP...STAMP for the basic layout. I think I pulled it off AND I thunk and I thunk to create the PERFECT fall sentiment and this is what I pulled out of my tired ol' noggin...I LOVE IT...what do you think?? Feel free to "borrow" it from me and use at will!!

So, here is what I did...I dug through my scraps to come up with papers that screamed Fall/Autumn to me...these did...sadly I have not one sweet clue who made any of these papers...scraps are so hard to keep track of!!! I used my new Fall Cuttlebug folder on the top layer and used my TONIC corner punch on all of the layers. I dug through my silk flowers and came up with these leaves that I bought with big plans and never used!! Well, they were perfect for this card! I made the tag with Deep Cream Micheal's layering weight card stock and used my cropodile to add the grommet. I abused the tag after I made it something terrible!! I scrunched it up in a ball, straightened it out and scrunched it up again..I then used my Memento Dew Drop in Desert Sand to rub over the surface of the tag lightly to pick up the wrinkles. I tied some fibres to the grommet and finished it off.

So what do you think? Did I succeed in making a card that screams Autumn/Fall without using a stamped image?? Hope you like it! The sentiment say's:

"Autumn leaves whisper "So Long" as they flutter by."

I simply typed it in my Word Processing software on the dark cream card stock. That's it for me right now gals~! I have to go and make supper. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunshine:)

5 comments:

  1. Your card absolutely screams fall. It is goregous! Fall is m favorite season of allthe seasons. Seeing your card made me smile. :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card definitely screams Fall...it is one of my fave seasons! I love wearing my fluffy sweaters and drinking hot cocoa in front of the fire - aaahhhhh. Beautifully done!

    Thanks for all of the links to your blog, store blog and etsy store. I've added all of the links to my extensive list of digital resources.

    Alma =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different look from you- it is amazing. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I absolutely love it. Fabulous take on the sketch. Thank you for celebrating a year of sketches with me!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete