Saturday, September 12, 2009

SUPPORTING THE TROOPS

I made this card yesterday for the anniversary of 9/11...always an emotional day of thinking back and looking forward. I try to always look to future and hope I see a brighter future ahead. Sadly for many Canadian and American families the future is all to murky. To all soldiers serving and at home...THANK YOU...for your service to country, your fortitude and your guts! My hat is off to you. God Bless you one and all.


I used ©HerkyBird in camo to fly over an image I created on the computer of my country as a flag and the American Flag at half mast. I paper pierced a star and a maple leaf in the background and added a line from our Canadian National Anthem as the sentiment...it seemed just so appropriate. The Support the Troops ribbons are from the interweb. Onward and upward we go...time to soldier on!

Sunshine

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card full of sooooo much meaning - and even though I'm on the other side of the world - our thoughts and wishes are the same. Our Aussie troops are there too - the world is soo much smaller these days - hopefully one day everyone we realise we're all just people!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete