Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian Friends and Family




IT'S TURKEY WEEKEND!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!


Well, another Thanksgiving dinner has come and gone. We had our big dinner early this year. We decided to have our big dinner on Saturday so we could have two un-interrupted consecutive days to enjoy our long weekend.

We had a great meal and lots of laughs. We all had a round of "What are you thankful for this year?" suggested by my big brother, DW. The overwhelming consensus was that we're all thankful for family and friends.

Our wonderful niece was thankful for her new bed and not so thankful for the family cat, Charlie!

Charlie has a habit of waking her up around 3AM with purrs, making bread kneading on the bed covers, sharpening his claws on the carpet thingy by the top of the stairs.
The culprit! Code name: "Charlie"..."Carpet Cougar"..."Charles"..."King of the Hill"..."The Purrnator"..."Mr. Bower"..or as Emmy calls him..."Stooopid Cat!" LOL

Poor girl...she was so po'd by Charlie she scared the bejeezus out of my brother in the early morning hours when he got up for a drink and she was carrying Charlie down to put in her parents bedroom and shut the door!! Wish I could have seen that little encounter!! LOL!! My brother isn't a jumpy guy so that must have been funny!!!

OK...I don't know about any of you but I don't look like this when I am finished making a big dinner, like today. I look like something that should be thrown in a bubble bath with a glass of wine and told to "chill"...dang it! Just once I wanna look like this when I'm heading for the table!! Is that too much to ask??
I was also thankful for my family. I am grateful for my kids; that I know they are all safe; that I have a job; that I have the best friends a gal could ever ask for and that I have the love of my life by my side.

I watched the coolest video on FB today posted by a gal I went to High School with. Guess what she did today?? She jumped out of a freakin' plane!! How cool is that??!!! I was soo impressed by her courage.

I am terrified of heights and always thought that jumping out of a plane might be a great way to get over it...what do you think? Maybe I will jump out of an airplane to celebrate my 50th birthday...that would starting my second decade with a splash huh??!! Wonder how many of my friends I can talk into it??

How did you all spend your Thanksgiving? I wish all of my friends and family a beautiful, family filled Thanksgiving.

Thanks for stopping by for a chat. Enjoy your holiday. Don't eat too much turkey....you need room for the pumpkin pie...or that extra stuffing.....mmmmm....stuffing! I love stuffing....drool...stuffing....ummmm...what was I saying....side tracked by stuffing....Gosh I'm so easily side tracked!!

Once again thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

Hugz,

Sunshine:^D

Here is a great recipe for a no bake pumpkin pie. I cheated this year and bought my pie...it was ok...but nothing is as good as home made is it? I am suggesting this recipe for all that left over pumpkin you are bound to have.


No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake

1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
1 Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)

Beat cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in 2-1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate remaining whipped topping for later use.

Spoon cream cheese mixture into crust.

Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Serve topped with remaining whipped topping. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

Thanks to That's My Home for the recipe. It's the same one I use..so I copied and pasted from her site instead of typing up my own recipe...kind of lazy huh? If you have the time check out the site. Its a good one.

Hugz again.

Sunshine:^D

2 comments:

  1. Heehee....if you jump out of a plane, be sure to post pictures! (P.S. I think you'd be starting the second half of your century...not decade...a decade is just 10 years. Of course, you'll probably only look 20 when you're 50...so you could be right!)

    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smarty pants!! Got me..that's what I get for posting just before going to bed! I hope I still look youngish when I'm 50!! Here's hopin'!! I will definitely post pics if I jump out of a plane!! I'll want the whole world to know I was that brave/stupid/brave/stupid/brave...hmmm...not sure which to go with there??! LOL!

    ReplyDelete