No matter how you slice it Wednesday is smack dab in the middle of the week. Is it a good day? Does it inspire you to push through for two more days until Friday? Do you think.."YES! Almost there!" or do you let the mid - week marker slide along hardly noticed as it slides into Thursday?
Does this all come down to being a "glass half full or glass half empty" kinda person? I'm typically a glass half-full kinda gal. I choose to see the good at all times. Now...don't get me wrong...I have bad days just like anyone else...but I think they are fewer than most people have. Why is that? Why do I find it easier to smile and laugh than frown and growl?
Not to go into too much family drama; but... I made the decision to look at the positive a very long time ago. I remember very well making that decision because it was a decision that changed my outlook on life and the stuff life throws at me.
Did you ever notice that one person in a group in a poor mood has the ability to suck the life out of the group? and unfortunately its just too easy to let that poor mood guide the attitude of the entire group. Kind of the road of least resistance. There is a reason for the saying, "The shortest distance between two people is a smile."
Laugh! Laugh loud! Laugh often!!
The next time someone points out that it's Hump Day, point out that it's also a beautiful day! Point out something positive about the day...like it's chilli day or family game night! Choose another reason...make up a reason...fake it 'til you make it! Be happy that's it a great day to have lunch with a friend. It's a great day to take a walk in the sunshine or splash in the puddles. there is good and happiness to be found everywhere...sometimes it just takes a little more work to find it.
So, I will laugh loudly...and if you indeed know me...I laugh loudly! I belly laugh! I laugh like there are no boundaries! I can proudly state that I can be recognized by my laugh! How awesome is that?!
- Be happy everyone. Take time to smell the flowers..heck take time to buy some flowers for yourself or someone you know that would least expect it. Spread some happiness.
- Send a cake to a friend with "Just Because" on top.
- Send your friends postcards from your province with the simple message "Weathers nice, wish you were here."
- Fill your friends car with balloons while they're at work.
- Pop over to a friends house the morning after it snowed and shovel for them.
- Find out where your friend gets her hair cut and pay for her next trim.
- Invite your friends over for a game night / PJ party
- Arrange for a maid/or yourself to clean your friends house before the weekend to give them a free weekend.
What can you think of to bring some happiness to one of your friends?
Have you done something for your friends that has made their day? Leave a comment and tell me about it. I'd love some new idea's. Thanks again for stopping by for a chat.
Sunshine :~D (There is a reason they call me Sunshine ya' know!)