Thursday, June 4, 2009

Friday Potluck Challenge Card

Well Lee did it this week! She set a challenge this week that I didn't think I was going to be able to meet! I thought and thought and when brainstorming with my sister-in-law, Chrissy, I said I think I will use that snowman image and the giraffe. So...that's what I did! Without making you wait any longer, here it is! This card features an image from Gina K's Kindred Spirits line...unfortunately I can't seem to find it on her site so it has to be retired. I have also used the giraffe from my oh so versatile Just So Hippy Gina K stamp set. The summer hat is one of my creations. I free-handed it with a black fine Sharpie and coloured it in with my Bic's. The lei was created with the petals of 3 paper flowers and a few sequent s. The flowers on the front are like the ones that I cut up to make the lei. The snow on the scene is called "snow writer". My sister - in - law and I picked up a couple of bottles of it at the end of season clearance at Michael's. We had no idea what it was like, but we were willing to give it a try at $1 a bottle!! LOL!


I kept the inside of this one very simple. I have decided based on the sentiment on the outside of the card {computer generated} that it has to go to one of my card buddies "down under".


I have taken a couple of close - up shots of the giraffe and the snowman scene so you could see the details. As you can see the giraffe's foot is in the snow and he is paper pieced with dimensionals.


Well, I hope you enjoyed this card and the little differences I have added. Lee certainly had us all think outside the box on this one! I think that makes a great challenge! Just like the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. They make you think outside the box too! If you haven't taken part, there is still time! There is a new sketch up now! Click on the link I have provided, get the sketch and have at it!! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunshine

2 comments:

  1. :) heeheee...what a CLEVER card!! And absolutely beautiful as well! Love all that glitter, and the whole scene is too cute! Made me chuckle when I realized it was a girraffe! LOL. (Ya, I'm kinda slow!) LOL. :) Inky Hugs xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... I just had to go back and take another look and read your post this time. Soo funny! LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! :)

    ReplyDelete