Monday, June 8, 2009

HIGH HOPES CHALLENGE #33

Hi all!! I did my first round card!!! I used the sketch from last weeks HIGH HOPES CHALLENGE #33. I am going to do the current challenge #34 this week. I am new to these challenges so I don't really know their schedules. I am in the learning curve.


The card is on a hinge with a brad. Its a cool brad that has a little loop on the bottom for a ribbon! I bought them a while ago at A Buck or Two and this is the first time I used one. I freestyle sewed the edges of the front and back. I used a straight stitch and thought it was going to be hard to keep an even stitch, but it turned out to be not that hard! The image is from High Hopes and is called SUMMER SWEETNESS. The sentiment is from Studio G. I used my Momento Ink Pads to shade the edges and the circle behind my little sweetie. The ribbon is from Walmart.

The inside of the card is done with the green background and some dp all sewed up. The watermelons are from High Hopes as well. It's called WATERMELON BORDER
I can't remember who is the creator of my sentiment. Sorry gals!! It's just so cute, I had to use it because it just suited the card!! LOL! Thanks for stopping by!!

Sunshine

3 comments:

  1. I love this card, Sunshine! It is absolutely adorable. I may have to try one of these.

    Carolyn
    http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina..There are no deadlines for the Doubledog Dare Challenges.. I do hope you get to play along!!
    Thanks for stopping by.. I just love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaww how sweet is this card. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete