Saturday, June 20, 2009

SYMPATHY CARDS


Sadly we lost a close friend of the family this week. These are the cards that are heading off to the family. I have had this image coloured and waiting for the perfect card since January. This one is actually coloured with pencil crayons. The image is one that my sister - in - law, Chrissy, was nice enough to loan me. I believe its from SU! and is FROM THE GARDEN. I used no dp on this one since I felt the image should take centre stage. The papers have been cuttlebug embossed with swiss dot - another loan from my awesome sister-in - law!! and the edges have been punched with my Martha Stewart edge punch. There are some Diamond Glaze dew drops on the lily. A little known fact is that the lily is so popular as a funeral flower because the lily cries. The lily bloom will show drops of nectar on it's petals if its inside too long. It releases it's scent to attract bee's. {I was once a floral designer and this is the story we were told about the lily. Of course my mother told me as soon as I became a floral designer that she would appreciate it if I never gave her lily's because they were a "funeral flower that cried"...hmmmmm Must be something to that story~!!}

The inside of this card is just as pretty as the outside. The sentiment is computer generated and by an unknown author. This verse is one of my favourites to use in sympathy cards. The image again is from SU! and was loaned to me from...you guessed it...CHRISSY!!!

I hope you find some inspiration from this one. I find Sympathy cards just as difficult as masculine cards. I am happy with the way this one turned out and I think the recipient will be pleased. Thanks for stopping by! I will post another sympathy card in just a minute.

Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment