Friday, May 29, 2009

SLEEPLESS NIGHT IN WINNIPEG


What can I say about this card! Its so darn sweet I don't think I will ever be able to give it away! The image was given to me as a PIF and I don't know its' name. I have had it for a while and to be honest I was terrified to colour her! How was I ever going to do her justice??

Well, last night was a sleepless night here in Winnipeg for me. I went to be and dozed off only to be awakened at 1:30AM by the paper man!! Who delivers papers at 1:30AM!! Between his car's muffler and the rattling of our mailbox I was awake with a start and stayed that way! Sheesh!! I got up and went and had a bubble bath...my cure for all that ales!! Still wide awake. So off to my card room I went. I decided, WHY NOT! What I wanted to achieve, and I think I did, was the look of a painting. I coloured her with my Prisma's and Bic's. The sky in the background was coloured using one Prisma marker with its broad end going in a random circular motion. I have added microfine sugar beads to the sand for texture and Diamond Glaze to the shells for dimension. Let me know if she makes you long for the sea shore... Now...look at what else I came up with!!

This card was created using the current sketch challenge on STV To be honest I am still not sure about it. Maybe it's because I created it in the wee small hours of the morning...hmmm. The image is again from my PIF buddy YVONNE!! Can't say enough about YVONNE! She rocks!! The coffee mug and sentiment are from Gina K's "My Cuppa Joe" stamp set. Let me know what you all think!! Leave a comment telling me what you think is good, bad or ugly about the card! I REALLY WAN TO KNOW!!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment