Sunday, May 31, 2009

SUNNY SUNDAY SUPRISE!!

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to wake up to bright and sunny skies!! The weather genies had been foretelling of rain and wind and 15 degrees!! That's Celsius folks! Not Fahrenheit!! So off I went to Canadian Tire to get a rain check on the PERFECT Fire Bowl!! They had it on an incredible sale!! Of course they were all sold out! But miracle of miracles they were issuing rain checks!

While I was there I bought some flowers for the front step flower box and the little flower bed in front of the step. I was bending to imagined neighbour pressure! You know what I mean...the neighbour's have all planted their flower beds and have done tons of yard work already and we have done very little. We have been busy here in the house doing our reno's. So, I have colour outside and even managed to plant a few roma tomatoes and some celery. We'll see if they take.

Had our usual Sunday dinner with the family today. BBQ steaks, baked potatoes and corn. Yummy! Made corn bread biscuits but am not sure they were a hit. I made them a little too spicy with chilli flakes and spicy Mexican shredded cheese. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Because I was busy outside and cooking today I didn't make any cards. I will be busy tomorrow though. Need to make at least one more entry for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and there are two STV challenges - Technique and Potluck Friday!! So check back tomorrow to see at least 3 new cards. I plan to be a little "out of the box" with the Midnight Madness Challenge...so stay tuned!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment